SHORT COURSE ON PUMPS - FROM AN INDUSTRY EXPERT
|December 11-13, 2018
- Are you confused by the variety of pump types? Do you know how to properly size pumps?
- Did you know that proper pump selection can reduce both maintenance and energy costs?
- Do you understand what causes cavitation in pumps, and how it can be avoided?
- How do you deal with systems involving multiple pumps, variable speed, or viscous liquids?
Pumps are an integral part of your industry. Yet engineers, operators, and maintenance technicians are seldom fully trained to handle the pump problems they encounter daily. A good understanding of proper pump application, selection, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance is vital to the success of your company. Now you can learn everything you need to know about pumps at a short course in pumps taught by a recognized pump expert.
Topics covered in the course include:
- basic and advanced hydraulic principles
- pump selection and sizing
- pump system design and analysis
- energy savings in pump selection and operation
- applications and features of various pump types
- positive displacement pumps
- sealing systems
- start-up, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and repair
- computer software to select pumps and to design or analyze systems
Course instructor, Michael Volk, has been a consultant on pumps for the past 30 years, after working in engineering and operations with one of the world’s leading pump manufacturers. He authored Pump Characteristics and Applications, a highly acclaimed pump applications handbook originally published in 1996, with the 500 page third edition published in December, 2013 by CRC Press and Taylor & Francis. Volk has taught hundreds of pump courses worldwide, including the most successful course ever held at the prestigious International Pump Users Symposium in each of the past fifteen years.
The course fee of $1495 includes a copy of Volk’s book and refreshment breaks. 2 CEUs will be awarded to course participants. For more information or to register, contact Volk & Associates at 510-384-8655, by email at email@example.com, or print the attached registration form and fax it to 866-210-9048.
Custom courses and inhouse courses at your facility are also options to consider if you have a group to be trained. Contact Volk & Associates at 510-384-8655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
© Volk and Associates 2004